Headquartered at Keflavik International Airport, Icelandair is the airline based in Iceland. As of December 2020, Icelandair has been operating scheduled flights to 34 cities in 16 countries on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.
Icelandair was founded in 1937, but it started its operations in 1938. With a few of its flights being seasonal, Icelandair starts to fly from Iceland to Europe serving 22 destinations and North America serving 12 destinations. Icelandair has named most of its fleets after Icelandic volcanoes. Icelandair has started to operate an all-Boeing fleet, as of February 2021.
Fare wise, Icelandair is considered a cheap airline. It offers cheap tickets because it follows a hub and spoke distribution paradigm, and this hub and spoke paradigm is a very effective way to operate a small airline.
From customer reviews, it can be concluded that Icelandair is quite a satisfactory airline. Icelandair also offers free stopovers in Iceland to its passengers. Icelandair is all about providing satisfaction to its customers, and providing flexible policies regarding its operations.
Icelandair Flight Booking
Making a reservation with Icelandair is an easy process. Icelandair provides multiple ways to make Icelandair reservations. One can easily understand the entire process and make a reservation for themselves without much efforts.
Here are some of the ways to make Icelandair reservations-
Online- By reaching the official website of Icelandair, you can find the options to make yourself an Icelandair reservation.
Via Phone- To make a reservation with Icelandair, you can call on their call centers and find 24/7 access to the reservation.
Offline- You can also make a reservation with Icelandair by going to the airport.
With Icelandair, one can easily make a reservation, but if someone still finds it difficult to go through the process, then you can call on the Icelandair reservations phone number.
Reservation is easy with Icelandair, let’s find out the refund/cancellation policy of Icelandair.
If you have decided to cancel your reservation, then you are eligible for a refund. Let’s see the policy offered by Icelandair for cancellation and refund.
- Icelandair customers are offered Cancellation Protection at the time of the purchase of the ticket. This makes it easier for the customers to claim a quick refund on their cancelled flights.
- However, the Cancellation Protection does not provide any compensation on other services. This only works in case of the cancellation of a flight.
- Carrier holds the right to refuse to refund if the refund request is made after the expiry of the ticket.
- The refund will be made in the same currency in which the real payment was made. And all the refunds will be subjected to the rules and regulations and other orders of the country in which the ticket was originally purchased.
- Refunds will only be initiated by Icelandair or its associated authorized agents.
Icelandair has different sections to provide help to its customers. Let’s see what different sections you can get help on-
- Damaged, lost or delayed bag.
- Flight disruptions.
- Group bookings.
- Corporate travel.
- To get assistance and support on any of the issues related to Icelandair or the Icelandair booking, call the helpline number or visit the official website of Icelandair.